Saturday, October 15, 2005

I know nothing about sex, because I was always married. ~Zsa Zsa Gabor

I feel a bit guilty about my Married Men post. I guess most of it is me being pissy that all the good ones are taken. Yet, I bet all of their wives would moan about something they don't do right, some awful habit they have.
When you first get hitched, those little idiosyncrasies of theirs are cute and sweet. But after 20 years that habit becomes annoying and divorce material.
My ex used to watch Soaps. He used to talk about the characters of Coronation Street and Emmerdale like they were real people in his life. He'd sit chuckling to himself about some amusing thing Peggy Mitchell did.
For a while it went over my head and melted in the background. Then one day I thought WTF? Get a life Idiot.
And Sex? Sex was the roll on roll off car ferry motion with a bit of sea sickness in between.
There never was any dinner with the Captain on the Main table.
I'm off to book dinner next week at Colleys supper rooms My latest online man said he'd take me.
Maybe I will get my dinner with the Captain some day

~Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery? ~Murray Banks~

No comments: