Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ageism

I hate driving on weekends. Seems that all the over 80's in Bristol hit the roads in their Skodas and they all want to go the same way as me.
It's a bit like shopping in Asda on pensioner day. For some reason once they reach a certain age they seem to think it's their god given right to push in queues at the till and ram your legs with their trolley because 'They didn't see you'
FFS I'm hardly fecking Twiggy.
Now they seem to want to ram me on the roads. This morning some oldie pulled out right infront of me, necessitating the use of my brakes. FFS I don't do braking.
Then he proceeded to drive at 15 miles an hour in front of me, for some time on a windy road that it was impossible to overtake on.
"Fecking Old Bastards" I yelled whilst educating my 11 year old in the art of Road etiquette "You should all be locked up in homes at your age"
Of course there may come a time when I reach the golden age of 80. I'm not sure I will still be driving though.
Me and Collette are planning our admission to a retirement home now.
One with plenty of widowed old men for our enjoyment.
Trapped and unable to run very fast.
Can't Wait.

No comments: