Sunday, October 30, 2005

Gosh please pimp my vehicle dear Sir


I've been watching the UK version of the hugely popular 'Pimp My Ride' and frankly it's made me cringe.
Translating American shows into Plain good loving English is often strange ... For example. Transfer the 'Baby Story' from the American parents.....
"He is the apple of our eyes, he makes our world complete. We are now a real family"
To the English reserved version ......
"Yes he's a nice little chap. Keeps me awake all night but oh well"
At least the English parents are pretending to be Americans. The Pimp My Ride lot are trying too hard to be like their American Counterparts.
From the ghetto hand gestures, to the txt spk, to the obviously awkward body not cool... embarrassing comes to mindmovements rather like Gary Numan doing his dancey bit to 'Cars'
But someone tell me WTF is Tim Westwood up to? He reminds me of a rather embarrassing Ricky Gervais in an episode of 'The Garage'. Xzibit he is not.
Then there's the recipients of the new cars.
The Americans jump around screaming, weeping and thanking God.
The English ones, are more interesting in the sound system that doesn't just have BBC local Radio on it.... And we don't have to listen to that weird Tim Westwood any more. Cool.
Orange? who'd want an Orange car?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dun alf watch some crap Mrs Trin thing

Anonymous said...

Sneer at my webpages would you??? Unwise thing to do to a genius. Dozens of automated web bot things loaded with huge payloads of monstrous SNEER are heading for this blog right now.

PS No I am not puerile. I am artistic.

Anonymous said...

It's all a bit 'wrong' isn't it? The Americans turn up with a rusty 5 Litre V8 Mustang, and go home with a shiny bejewelled 10Kw sound system mobile cinema massage seat popcorn making coffee brewing ** 5 Litre mustang **. But a shiny Morris Minor, no matter how many bells and whistles, is still a Morris Minor. I bet once the cameras are off all their friends point and laugh. What's with the hair on that garage owner anyway?

Trinity said...

I so agree tonight's car was an old 1989 VW Golf mark II and despite the black paint with red sparkles and the red interior, it was still an old Golf.
And 'Jamie The Boss'.... his hair is just weirder than weird. Not cool, just weird.