Friday, October 14, 2005

For Donna

Miss Ribena Picture of Health.... I was number one.

I was number one in the Ribena picture of health competition in Butlins. The following year I came second. Then came the decline... The slippery slope until Ribena refused to take me...
My sister won the fancy dress. She went with a cardboard box on her head and was a 'Dolly-in-a-box'
She was blonde and cute and sickening.
I was dark and chubby and uncute.
The Gaiety Ballroom Butlins... feel the love
I had the most enormous crush on one of the Redcoats. Used to follow him around.
I smoked my first cigarette in the Gaiety Ballroom. Puked up and never did it again.
And I always wished I was disabled because those bloody kids in wheelchair's got far more attention than me.
Gits.
I still harbour resentment.
One for the Psychologist maybe.

5 comments:

Donna said...

LOL Trin!!!!! You were brought up on Butlins too. I think Barry Island was the only Butlins I never went to. My best friend Vince always won the talent competition. I occasionally got a place somewhere behind him. Every year he would go back for an extra week for the semi-finals etc, and one year he was in the final at the Palladium. Wasn't Butlins just the best? We're gonna take our collective 6 next year - but it's not the same experience it used to be.

Anonymous said...

This blog stuff is complicated ain't it? What's tagging? Was that your life or Donna's? Is the little fat one in the middle you or Donna or maybe it's Phil?? I'm confused.

Trinity said...

xogg (without capital letter that indicates name is important)
The fat little one in the middle is me.
You better watch yerself cos I'll have you in the next dark Alley I meet you in!
Your mind confuses me (easily done) Where did the tagging thing come from? Are you on Crack again.... I have an excellent dettox programme which involves being locked in my bedroom for 6 months?

Anonymous said...

As in "Cripes! I've been tagged" from following that "I was number one link".

I have never tried crack but will certainly get myself addicted tonight so I can enroll for that detox program. Come to think of, not a bad idea anyway, as staying at in-laws. Aaaaaaagh!

Trinity said...

Nah I don't get the tagging thing either.... think it's some fashion thing. You have to wear high heels and a thong.
I'm doing this on purpose to confuse you.
Ha
Keep Up xOGGIE