Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sweet texts of Joy

I just drive through the city traffic to take Abby to counseling.
The city is gridlocked today... And gridlock makes drivers do very rash things. Like skip the queue I've been sat in for 20 minutes and slam on their brakes parallel to me and try to budge their way infront of my car.
HAHA they met the wrong car to do that do. I stick close to the bumper of the car in front and give them two fingers.... Road rage and I love it.
We're half way there and I get a text. Wondering (as I do) if it's an 'emergency text' I ask Abby to read it.
"It's your mate... The one you gave dinner to last night" She muttered "He said he liked it"
Hmmm he never even ate it, so why he wrote that I have no idea.
"I expect he liked the fresh Bread I baked", I mumbled...
(Yes yesterday I made bread. Barefoot and naked in the kitchen. I am a domestic goddess).
Abby gave me a look and then exclaimed. "Mother, You are disgusting"
A little shocked at this outburst from my sweet gentle child, "Huh?" I frowned and she passed me the mobile phone.
Yes, the message did say he liked dinner but also remarked how much he liked the Bread (&) Jam afterwards. (except he forgot all the letters that go in Bread and Jam and only put a B and a J.
Feck.

ps, what's this new trend of yelling Chow instead of saying Goodbye?..... Chow? Doesn't Chow mean food?
"Food Mum"
Weird.

3 comments:

clarrie said...

At least he didn't send a picture!

Stephen said...

It's italian - ciao (as in Austin Powers, "Ciao, baby!"

I thought you weren't cooking dinner last night?

Trinity said...

I can't bear to see a man A, hungry B, lonely C, dressed in Burberry.
Ahhh it's ciao... I get it now.
FFS These verification posts are getting worse. If I had dyslexia I'd be well confused