Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Lion sleeps tonight


Going to work today.... I think I need it. I'm brain dead. My head is a fuzzy wuzzy sweet wrapper and all I want to do is sleep.
I think this dating business is taking it out of me. Now, don't get me wrong. I like it. And how many times have you heard me moan that




  • I have no life
  • I'm unloveable
  • I'm bored
  • I need adult company
  • I want sex and more sex!

My date took me to this pub in Clifton last night. I heard the word Clifton and dressed accordingly. This pub (The Lion) was hidden in a mass of tiny little dead end roads with cars lined each side. And it was pissing down. My date had to show me his three point (more like ten point) turns at every road.

We finally got there and got out in the rain. My date put on a hat. I was a little amused. I've never been out with a man who wore a hat before. A new experience. It was one of those Frank Sinatra things, I pointed out (rather helpfully, as one does) that if he pierced an ear and wore a earring with a cross on he'd look gay.

Why don't men like being referred to as gay? I think it's a compliment after all Gay men have written the book on fashion. Mind I did make the comment as we entered the bar, which was quiet with only a handful of men (oh for a handful of men! Sigh) and he did say "pardon" as he didn't catch what I said so I had to loudly repeat that the hat made him look gay!.

I then realised that I was distinctly over dressed and refused to take off my cardigan all night (I hasten to add that my cardy is not a woollen granny thing, but some gorgeous creation with fringes and pretties). The pub was a spit and sawdust place with men and Jenga.

The food, however, was exquisite, a real gourmets find. The chef came out to serve the meals.
I felt his wrath at someone eating his beloved creation... "who ordered the pork? " (what the fuck is Colcanon anyways? Don't you just hate it when you aren't sure what you have in your mouth?)

Chef was this twenty something yr old cool guy, with tattoos and attitude. I wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley... But he could come make me dinner if he wished. The sort of bloke that would make Devil's Kitchen a fab show.

After dinner, I was so full I could bearly talk, let alone walk up the steep hill to the car. Ahh an enjoyable night. I do like to feel full! :P

5 comments:

Stephen said...

Colcannon is yummy Irish crofter food, ask Claz. Potato and cabbage, yum. (I bet it wasn't so yum back on the croft, but done with nice spuds and properly cooked cabdge - top stuff).

Trinity said...

I had crispy friend camembert and The Pork with Whiskey foam.... I ate it but still not sure what it was!
I had deep fried mozzarella the other day. The camembert was far superior.
I had a nice glass of Merlot and was quite happy!
Ever easy to please and never any trouble me! ;P
Off to work
Chow guys!

Donna said...

"I do like to feel full!" - full of what? - eh Trin (just chortling quietly to myself)

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd ditched the mystery date business! Well, as long as you're carefully selective :) Just BE CAREFULL!!!
As to calling a guy potentially gay... I know nearly every guy will imediately start punching things and lech like Sid James but personally, I take it as a compliment.... but then again, I'm more than a little odd so my opinion is probably a little unreliable. LOL
I've always maintained I'm a lesbian trapped in a guys body :D

Anonymous said...

Think this thing that all gays are fashionable or look different from anyone else ain't true. Went to a gay bar in London for ages and never noticed until I happened to have my reading glasses with me and read the literature and the posters on the wall. (That's my story anyway)