Thursday, October 13, 2005

names

Danielle came home today upset. "Do I look funny or something, Mum" She frowned.
"No weirder than Normal" her kindly mum replied.
Apparently some girls were laughing at her as she past the bus stop.
She'd felt threatened.
I was a little mad at Abby because her very caring big sister refuses to walk with her, preferring either 20 steps in front or back. She doesn't want to be seen with a kid.
Why do kids do that? Kids are mean sometimes. I was always picked on at school.
On my first day at senior school, my mother sent me with a black shiny briefcase. FFS This is Hartcliffe. A council estate.
I had so much grief over that briefcase I didn't live it down for the whole year. The next day I took a Tesco carrier bag with my books in.
Work was beyond irritating today, fecking doctors need to be shot.
I secretly think they enjoyed the peaceful week without me, when they're allowed to roam free without some evil witch telling them they can't do that!
We had some weird names in today... Check these out: Cheyenne, Lianna, Lullie and Kiarash... English surname too. Come on then. Someone tell me Kiarash is a Gaelic traditional name or something!
Just imagine.. Calling your child Xoggoth or Exaxis or even Donna (ha just joking).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest would have been Cuchulain if I'd had my way. I didn't get my way LOL.

clarrie said...

I know somone who called their son Fionnbharr (Irish spelling of Finbar). If they lived in the Gaeltacht that might just be OK, but they live in Oldham ffs.

Mind you it could've beem worse, so much worse. Chelsey? Corsyra? Mirantha? Asti? TiaMaria? Smirnoff?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4274318.stm
http://www.tes.co.uk/section/staffroom/thread.aspx?story_id=1775397&path=/Opinion/&threadPage=&messagePage=1
http://www.tes.co.uk/section/staffroom/thread.aspx?story_id=2083489&path=/behaviour/&threadPage=1&messagePage=1

A few years back I knew a woman who was a huge Man U (*spits*) fan. She had twin girls, called them Erica and Cantona.