Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Cat Flap Day!!


My nearly brother-in-law fitted the cat flap last night. At last, we have one. Freedom for the pussies!!
But the box didn't come with instructions for thick people so I couldn't work out how to use the damn thing.
So I phoned the helpline today and a nice person told me how to do it. Now I have a fully workable cat flap. Great Hallelujah....... ummm stop a second..

How do you get cats to use a cat flap? Particularly fat lazy cats who are used to crying and miraculously those dumb humans do everything you want them to do?
We tried shoving Bailey through the flap but she puffed up her huge bum and she wouldn't fit through.
So we taped up the flap and decided to get them used to using the hole for a start.
Success, Bailey came through it from the outside for a slice of best roast beef.
But thereth lies the problem. Fat Bailey is greedy. So she has cottoned on that using the cat flap means food.
She used it twice after and both times went hysterical for praise and treats.
Now she's exhausted and has to lie down for a while.

1 comment:

truly27 said...

I know what you mean.

My baby, James, the little shit that he is will only cry when I'm home because he knows I will do whatever he asks and Dad will just sit there and ignore him. The instant I come home, it's crying for food, crying for water, crying for Tuna that's supposed to be Mommy's dinner (and he always ends up getting some anyway).

Spoiled brat that he is. HEHE