Monday, October 17, 2005

DIY Electrical Style


I didn't feel like going to DIY tonight, but I made myself go under threat of being grounded for a week.
The real reason for my apathy was because I knew it was Electrical week. And the fear of spending 2 hours discussing the dangers of that bad stuff know as electricity.
There was only 6 of us there this week out of a class of about 14. I guess most of them were as bored as me last week and the thought of wiring a plug all night out them off.
I got in and we had to get in pairs. I refused to be paired up with any of them as they might cramp my style. So I worked with Teach.
Yes, for a whole hour we wired a plug. FFS I was able to wire a plug since age 11 when the Brownies taught me.
But some of the dimbos there were asking such simple questions that amazingly I guess some people do not know how to wire a sodding plug.
Hugely dim new man was there. He told us all he was in the Pioneer Corps of the army and just returned from Iraq. He brought his own screwdriver but couldn't wire a plug.
He can't come next week as he has an army medical. I think they need to investigate where his brain went to. He was harmless though and Teach cut his awful jokes and anecdotes short.
Teach went round and told each table all about fuses but missed me out.
Maybe he could see my scowl and thought better of it.
Then we wired some panel thing, I did it rather well it has wires going in and wires going out. Athlete played over in my head the whole time I was screwing.
I took a picture and now everyone thinks I'm some freak. I don't care. I was proud of my thing.... Socket thingy.
Next week we're tiling a wall. I love a bit of grout so can't wait. Think I might be teacher's pet.
On the way home I stopped at the pub and rang Dylan... Made him leave his terribly warm hotel room to buy me drinks and listen to me go on and on and on... Guess what? I WENT OUT FOR A DRINK AFTER SCHOOL!! I have a life. The excitement has overwhelmed me . Have to go lie down now and smooth me pussy.
xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's horrible! That shouldn't go there, it should go there and that should 'ave gone there! And you haven't cut them sheathes properly and where's the earth wire on the lower cable? I dunno. You're crap you are, Mrs Trin thing.

Trinity said...

I don't care what YOU say. Teach said I was special...
Whats a sheath anyways?
And what's an earth cable?
You're talking rubbish you are

Anonymous said...

Doh! What's a sheath?!! Hopeless! xoggoth services will be most happy to give you personal instruction on how to wire a "panel thing" AND show you how to fill in that corporation tax return too.

Anonymous said...

I feel I must point out, esp. to mucky minded sorts like Donna, that those are not euphemisms.
I have a BSc in Accountancy and Panel Things from Bath University