Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Trin vs London

London for lunch. How cosmo, how trendy and cool, how crazy. Yep that's me.
I do like trains though. I got the 10 am from Temple Meads and settled myself in on a table opposite a nice guy... No suit though. Can't have everything can I?
He spread out his Suduko book and I spread out my NME. I shoved me Ipod in my ears and played rocking music all the way. I fear I may have broken out in song as some points "You're no fucking Elvis" because every so often he'd look up at me.
At Swindon some very attractive men got on, expensive suits, lilac shirts and laptops. The right combination to parrrrty.
Unfortunately the old git of the party sat by me. They talked shop all the way... Think they were head teachers. They were talking about the old gits football team, and how he was hoping they win so the school got some money.
too pretty to eatI arrived in London to the usual London noise smell and grey weather. But somehow that city excites more than any other... yep more than NY even.
I managed to get through the underground without being blown up... Always a bonus.
Lunch with my mates was ace. I haven't seen them for ever and I worry one of us will die before we get to meet again. Not so sure any of us are heading to heaven so we might meet again.
We ate in this lovely posh Italian in Charlotte Street. I had salmon and took a picture, never had such nicely presented fish. The fish was so delicious and mashed potato to die for.
Then a very yummy Tiramisu. It was gorgeous. (Tiramisu is my fav sexy dessert)
And lots of chatting and catching up and hugging and kisses and as I walked away when it was all finished some very hot tears pricked my eyes and I started to cry because I love those guys, and I don't know if or when we'll meet again. Plus I'm a fecking drama queen and like the emotional bit at the end.
If you're reading this mates, don't forget about me and don't leave it toooo long ok?
So then I went shopping.... Oxford Street. Well window shopping, but I got the girls a little gift each.
And I came home, the journey home was tedious. I sat in Paddington for an hour waiting for the train. I was tired. I had this vision of a man with a suit walking round the corner from the cookie stall, he had a suit jacket on and stockings and suspenders. I blinked twice and he had trousers on then.
Maybe that mashed potato had a Camden Mushroom ingredient?
I think I feel asleep on the train, everyone was on their way back from work, all miserable and grouchy. Bet I snored, I always do. So embarrassing.
So now I'm home and it all went too fast and back to boring tedium... Where's my spider to party with?
XXX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but you're not having my spider. She already has a date tonight. Anyway, I thought I made it clear she was called Sally. What are you, some sort of pervert???