Friday, October 21, 2005

Get set for the weekend.. Showing out.

I didn't go to work. I had a small tiff with a colleague on the phone who asked me "Just WHAT time I was MEANT to be there" I'd only phoned to say I was on my way, they all knew I was going to be late.
So I got cross and said I was with my psychiatrist and what was it to her?
I fear she got the brunt of the afternoon. I was then called by my line manger to say that they were closing the ward and why didn't I stay home rather than trek though the awful Friday traffic.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usFeck, so I fail again. I didn't get to work.
But being a little less tough on myself... I guess I can't do it all, handle these emotions, run a house and go to work. Somedays something has to give.
Bllod blood give me pierre's bllodPoor Pierre picked the wrong day to email me, sorry sweetie. I am I promise not to eat you Pierrenice really and if we ever get to meet I promise to be all sweetness and light... infact we should meet then you'll know I'm completely and utterly normal. . . . . . . . . . =>

Danielle's come back from Girl Guides with another letter about a weekend away. A turkey and Tinsel weekend with the cubs and scouts. Crikey. Lets hope they don't stuff the turkey together...

Girl guides has changed a lot since I was in uniform. We NEVER had anything to do with the 'boys' organisation. Crikey, they were smelly and yucky and we were positively discouraged from having any form of contact. However, as a rebel I did get caught in the ladies toilets at church with Kevin Skidmore, my first taste of bread and Jam. Trouble is discretion was sadly lacking and one of the old church dears caught us. She banged on the door yelling "I know what you're doing"
Thinking about that now, what a dirty old bitch if she did know what we were up to and I always thought she was a paragon of the church.
She's still alive now, funny that as I thought she was ancient 30 odd years ago.

My Mother came round tonight and brought the girls a beef stew for tea.
They thought I was working. I was offered some but feigned some migrainey thing that prevented me eating.
Abby ate hers then made the mistake of asking her Granddad if he'd had any yet. "Not yet" was the reply, so Abby recommended he put something else aside for his tea.
Unfortunately the tell tat went and told on her.
My Mother said she'd take her beef stew elsewhere and proceeded to wrap it up to take home.
As she left I couldn't resist telling her to be careful not to drop the thing as we didn't want a major chemical incident on the streets of Bristol during rush hour.
I'm such a thoughtful citizen.

No comments: