Wednesday, November 09, 2005

patience

The Pit Lives!
Do you ever get fed up of kids? They're everywhere. Every place I go, everywhere I look, kids... In every corner or crevice.
Last night we got shown to a table in the pub. Sat down and ordered, then this child of about 9 came out from nowhere and starting screeching.
Then others came out and plonked themselves on the floor and started shouting and arguing. My face must have been a picture and we asked to move tables.
My life is full of kids. It's a funny job working with the little devils. You spend all day encouraging and coercing them to doing stuff that frankly you wouldn't want done to yourself.
Last night we had Rainbows. Collette is blessed with far more patience than me. She's the calming, sweet one. Last night however she was teetering on the edge of oblivion. A bad few days had turned her into Crabby Collette, One of our little gems had a mouth ulcer. Unfortunately last night we had hot dogs and ketchup in honour of November 5th. A regular event with Chalk pictures of the fireworks they had seen in the sky on dark sugar paper. The ketchup had upset the child's ulcer and she appeared every 2 minutes to tell us about it. We gave her water and advised against eating the sauce.
But after the 5th time of telling us Collette's patience was wearing very thin. She made me laugh. "Poor you, don't worry it'll stop hurting soon, we will tell mummy all about it for you" mutters under her breath "bloody kids".
Poor Coll, she's had a hell of a week with her lovely friend passing away.
Then I embarrassed one child who was twirling around and humming to herself during circle time . I asked her to stop and she went bright red and looked like she was going to cry. I felt awful. I remember as a kid I was always in a world of my own. Talking to myself and day dreaming. It's bloody embarrassing when someone draws it to everyone else's attention.
I decorated mum!!! I had to give her a hug and tell her I wasn't being cross with her, I just wanted her to listen.
Rainbows are about building up confident, strong individuals not making girls cry. (says I)
Mind you if my very own sweet girls don't pull the line tonight then we have more than spilled tears. Abby can't go to the college open evening. It seems the college has stopped doing vocational courses and is centred on A Levels only. Bless, Abby will not be reaching such academic heights so we're stuck with the City of Bristol college tomorrow night.
Never mind, means she has more time to clean the bathroom for me. There is a God after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The little bastards should be locked up in huge dark dungeons and only realeased when they become human. At about 37.