Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Yawn Tiling.......................

large spaces are the best spacesthe overlap look
I got to DIY last night and let out a huge groan... Teach had tiles out again. There were about 10 of us last night. He split us into two groups. The girls (twin set Tressies) scurried to the sink, they had to tile around a pipe. Think it sparked something in them.
another tile in the wall... we don't need no education...the girls grapple with the pipe
I stuck with the boys down the long wall. I had Bill and Ben (I quite like Bill) and Soldier man. And a woman who came late who told us all in great detail why she hadn't been for 4 weeks, first her son had an accident, then her mother died then her great aunty flo broke her ankle.... On and on..
Soldier boy had a green t-shirt on. "What's the difference between The TA and Toast? On the back it said. You can Make Soldiers out of toast"
He told us all he'd worn it to TA practice and been told off. He also imparted little tales of the Gulf all night.
I asked him how long he'd played Golf for and did he have a handicap.
Horrible bitch aren't I?
that tee-shirt. God help the Army. We set to tiling the wall. There was a bit in the middle that needed to be cut. Two people went off cutting up stuff. Then what happens when lots of people are trying to tile the same wall?
Right... disaster.
We started one end and they started the other, but when we met in the middle all sorts of things happened. The wall has suddenly shrunk and we couldn't get a whole tile in. Teach refused to let us cut tiles into small pieces to fit in and we had to start again (git)
Unfortunately this happened again... The next time the wall had stretched so we just pushed up the tiles a bit and had nice big attractive spaces between them.
I preferred it.
Then Ben had to cut a tile to fit around the plug. Three times he cut it wrong... He kept doing it in reverse.
I kindly set him right (having a super intelligent brain)
But I was bored. Tiling is dusty and messy and hold no excitement for me.
Even the tile cutter was dull, I prefer Stanley knives.
So I got home after driving through Santa's Favourite street, that already has the lights out.
And found Abby in the throws of a migraine. She looked awful and threw up.
(We only got three sessions left. I suggested we have a DIY for Cretins party on the last night. All bring wine and drills and have a blow out.
Hope we do shelves next week or I might cry).

No comments: