Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tuesday!!

I wet a different way to work today. Slightly longer and a bit out of my way but I fecking trucks clogging up MY roads!thought it would miss some of the queues.
I got to the junction where the long queue joins and turned my head to smirk at the traffic that had been there for ages.
There wasn't anything there. Not one sodding car. Not one single, waiting, miserable car driver.
Sod's Law.
I spent the morning typing up my report for the management team meeting regarding our on going problem with admin.
Anyone who has read one of my reports or eulogies will know I'm quite good at such things and it was with pride I handed it in. Very good they said.Then proceeded to take so long discussing other issues that they rolled over my one until the next meeting... Next month #%&**###@
Never mind. At least this wasn't my failure and I did my bit well.
I had to move my car lunch time because of that sodding ridiculous car park barrier. I drove round to the big car park and started driving round to find a space. I had to be kidding myself. The car park was stuffed.People parked on kerbs, double yellow lines and double parked. I drive round one corner and got stuck in between two cars. I hit my already damaged wing mirror and nearly cried. I just squeezed through by the skin of my teeth.
As luck would have it, I bumped into some car parking men in a golf Buggy patrolling the area. I started to tell them about my problem. They suddenly said.. Stop love. Go back to the late car park. We'll leave it open until 2.30 when you leave.
beautiful Primark GiftsI nearly fainted. My God, a helpful car park man. A sensible realistic man.
He made my day.
Anyways I got home and my friend had sent me very exciting news!
Christmas is saved
Blaze-hit Primark back on track as continuity plan saves the day

Hooray for the continuity planners. Primark have a new make shift Warehouse and can still send out the 99p Christmas Presents into the world.
There is a God.
So I dug out a couple of gifts the girls got last year from their dad all with Primark tags.
Thought you'd love to see them.
Top quality tin there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of Primark until you mentioned them. Mind you, being posh, I don't move in these lower social circles.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the memories of receiving a Soap-on-a-Rope. Last year I was given a Pasta strainer. The two previous years running I got a cheese grater, and I avoid cheese.