Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday with the adams family

This morning the kids decided they wanted to see their dad today. It seems that they haven't seen him for ages and although pissed off about the Cinema incident they still wanted to do something different (maybe the fear of a slightly unwell mad mother with housework on her mind swayed the decision)
After all... The man still has a jacuzzi in the garden. What self respecting teen could ignore that?
So they rang him. I heard Abby say, that if she did come she didn't want to be left in front the TV like normal... He was either to watch a film with them or at least spend time with them (they really do crave male attention it's so sad)
So he said he'd come over and take them to the Chinese Buffet for dinner. Then take them shopping.
Abby was happy but bemused 'he never had any money I thought mum' she said.
Then he rang to say, hold fire he needed to ask Tree Trunk first. Tree Trunk is our nickname for that woman he shacks up with ...Oh sorry... The woman he rents from, for the sake of the CSA. An excellent landlady that lets him share her bed.
Then he rang and said, no he couldn't afford dinner as Tree Trunk needed a new mobile phone.
Then he rang to say, actually they weren't going anywhere but the Car Phone Warehouse. But the girls could come and help Tree Trunk choose her new phone.
At this point Abby said forget it.
Isn't it sad that he is totally unaware of what delightful, intelligent and remarkable children he has?
Isn't it sad that he wants to spend no time with them at all?
How can I possibly be both mother and father? I'm barely whole myself.
So we spent the day in house. Danielle has a friend here. Me and Abby watched a pirated Brothers Grimm. Come on it is a council estate!
It was crap, don't bother with it. I normally like stuff like that but it was silly,lacked a story and the French soldiers were irritating beyond belief. If they'd got a decent ending I'd have been happier.
The acting was like Laurel and Hardy on Speed. I detest slapstick.
So my next step I guess is a night in with the X-Factor which I watch under protest just to make fun of it all.
Plus I have to blog about it on our other site. I love my Jude and Clarrie Girls.
Anyways, I'm a bit better... I left my telephone number on a Bristol Gym's query line. David Lloyds. They haven't bloody left me alone since. I only wanted to know how much it was, but they're determined to get me down there. They keep calling and arranging appointments which I can't make.
Then I had a cold call from T Mobile enquiring how much I sent on my mobile a month. I said about 50 quid to which he said in an incredulous voice 50 quid?? Then I asked why he wanted to know but he was obv. Reading from a script and my interjections and questions were confusing the man. So feeling pissed off and grotty I told him to bugger off and put down the phone.
I think he was calling from a Foreign country because he seemed confused with the 'Bugger Off' phrase.
I wish I had some wine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had a landlady like that. Mind, I did have a landlady's daughter once. Actually that was in a flat on a Bristol estate too. Some of my best times have been in and near Bristol. Even if it is a dump.

Trinity said...

Bristol is not a dump.It's much classier than bloody Sherwood Forest or where ever you live in your cardboard box.
PS that was a lady boy you had. I know him well