Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Abby Awarded

abby Laura and Mr Brown the school head hunk
After Rainbows tonight we dashed home to get ready for some awards ceremony at school.
I was impressed, only a handful of kids were picked for awards.It was a full blown party with food on the tables and drink... Yes alcoholic drink. And it was all free.
Abby got an award for Good Citizen which I think means being thoroughly nice, decent and helpful to everyone.
There was an award to best mathematician and I nudged Natalie and said... I bet Abby gets that one. Natz burst out laughing.
Abby, laura and Marcus Stewart
Abby got her award from Marcus Stewart and ex Hartcliffe school boy, who plays for Bristol City now.
As she went up to get it, I jumped up for a picture.... No other parent had even tried to get photos unbelievably.
I yelled 'Abby', she turned around with this look of horror spreading over her face, and she ducked and RAN the other way, leaving dopey mother stood there with a sodding camera... And the whole hall erupted in laughter.
Anyways I got her picture later with the gorgeous Laura and her Head Teacher, and the Footballer.
She had a certificate and a ten pound gift voucher for Woolworths... Beats a merit anyday.

2 comments:

Jude said...

Good Citizen! Wow. Why wasn't I invited if there was alcohol?

clarrie said...

Nice one Ms Abby

(and you can use your Woolie's voucher to buy your mum a nice Xmas pressie ;-0 )