Monday, November 07, 2005

DIY for cretins the Sequel

my best attempt... teach said it was ace.After missing last week due to the sheer volume of witchcraft in uh oh went a little wrong...does the missing bit at the top really matter?the surrounding area. I went to my DIY class tonight with baited breath and the hope that they hadn't got so far ahead of me I'd never be able to catch up.
I needn't have worried.
Last week they seem to have spent two hours cutting tiles.
I like cutting things, in fact I like cutting things up a lot. But 2 hours of shiny tiles?
white lines...a very strange attraction (name that song)And they were all white. Where's the bloody equality in that?
action man does his stuff... when the going gets tough the tough get going This week saw only 5 people in the class. The rest seem to be dropping out like flies.
Action man was there. Teach made him chip the old tiles off round the sink... I think it was to shut him up.
He's apparently in the TA. But he's been to the gulf on the Harrier Jump Jets and was discharged from the regular Army because he was unable to control his anger.
Gosh. He told me that the TA are doing exercises know as FIBUA which is apparently teach uses a nibbly thing to nibble the tilesfighting in urban areas. Teach caught my eye once and raised his Art!!eyes to the ceiling.
There was another man and two girls. I got lumped with the girls which didn't best please me. I hate being put in the girlie group. No fun at all.
I got to cut tiles, loads of tiles. Unfortunately the little buggers refused to cut properly but I made some great shapes and have a picture that's terribly arty.I'm getting far more professional by the second
Then we got to the glue bit. I liked the glue. All white and turgid. Isn't turgid a three lines of glue done magnificently by mewonderful word?
I made a fuss and teach let me touch the virgin glue first. I spread it over the walls them had to make a horizontal pattern. My pattern was the best. Everyone agreed.
Then I got to stick my tile on the wall. I felt like the Queen launching a ship. Probably the first and only tile I shall ever lay... As I was so crap at cutting them. Besides the rest of them crowded round the sink like a bloody crowd of hungry Zombies and tiled the rest. I helped Teach tidy up.
I name this tile trinity pop kitten, god bless all who sail in hermy straight linesI got bored by the tiling. Who could sit and shove them on walls all afternoon? Plus they were awfully messy, I got glue all over my denim skirt. One man who never took his coat off, had dust all over him. Diy is a bit too messy for me. I'm hoping electrical lessons will be a bit cleaner. Electricians tend to be nice smart men as a rule.
Next week teach said we were to do more tiling but he must have seen my bored face and said we could do shelves.... HOORAY at last shelves. I'm so excited. I'm going to take my Ikea shelf in that I couldn't work out how to put up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just not fair. AS you have not said which of These shitty bits of works is actually yours, how can I sneer effectively???

Anonymous said...

Glue IS good. But you know what's better? Epoxy Resin. Fancier name, fancier stuff. There's nothing you can't fix with Epoxy Resin. And there's the therapeutic mixing it business, the weird fact that it heats up - and best of all, that it dries in minutes. In fact, I'm so enthused just thinking about it I'm going to go get a big fat pair of tubes of it tomorrow, and find something to fix or simply smear it over.

Trinity said...

They're all mine dopey... do you think my ego would allow me to post pictures of someone else's tiles?
Fool
The bit teach is holding is mine but he was trying to make it straighter.... (git, it was straight enough)
Asmo? You need help.