Monday, November 28, 2005

Manchester bright lights big city

too early to be up and about!
Early Morning. Waiting for the train at Temple Meads. For some tracking reason we had to travel through darkest Wales to get to Manchester this time. The first train was a motorised charabang on wheels, cold and draughty and most certainly not a proper train. Then an Arriva train from Newport to Manchester.
At one stop a dodery old guy got on, he found a seat next to a sleeping Asian man. Struggled to get his rather large suitcase up in the luggage rack then promptly dropped it on the sleepers head.
Train Journey is interesting. A woman got on in Preston (I think) and swore all the way to manchester... she was about 50, got her fags out and was f-ing and blinding all the way.
Not as classy as us Bristolians.
wigs and hats
Our first stop was the eclectic Afflecks Palace. Abby's fav haunt with it's floors of boutiques selling trendy way out and frankly weird gear. This shop was a retro shop with second hand clothes and artifacts selling for a small fortune.
plastic phones
I remember having a phone like these, in chocolate brown. Should have kept it.
Man U ground
Passing Manchester United on Sunday there were loads of people parking up and walking to the ground. Then placing flowers and scarves on the floor in honour of the late George Bush. Bloody hell! I keep saying Bush... maybe it's wishful thinking.. I meant Best.
manchester driving
A driver in front of us shunted another and there was a bit of a fracass on the verge. Tsk, us Bristol drivers are soooo much more careful.
Danz and Owen pose for the heaving thousands
Danz and O infront of one of the many gorgeous water features in the Trafford Centre. O doesn't look impressed. Clarrie told me off for being so Touristy.
The place was packed full of shoppers and kids and bloody old people who couldn't work out how the lifts worked.
Ann Summers
Wonder what words caught my attention in this rather elegant shop window?
that chav tree
A picture by the huge smart Christmas tree.... that suddenly started to talk.
Click here to watch 'trafford-centre-talking-tree'
Scary Stuff. Enough to give kids nightmares.
bumper boots
Clarrie's trendy boots. Abby wants some now.
food hall
The food hall, shaped like a huge ship. Unfortunately not a ghost ship... a very full ship. Why weren't all these people home cooking meat and 2 veg is beyond me.
I thought of you Dylan.

5 comments:

clarrie said...

Lordy, my son looks like he's just stepped off the set of Shameless.

Abby can get her own lovely fair-trade baseball boots just like meeee (I'm such a style icon) in Brizzul at

Spunky Store
34 Park Street Bristol, BS1 5JG
Tel: 0207 274 1820
http://www.nosweatapparel.com/products/store-locations.html#UK

Trinity said...

tsk hoodies aren't allowed in the posh Trafford Centre
Jude you sent me a very strange text yesterday about dropping something in Primark lol
ps I'm poorly sick today. Poor Trin.
I phoned in sick to find out I wasn't working anyways. Good job I didn't go in....

Jude said...

you said you'd lost your voice
I said did you lose it in primark

Trinity said...

I'm so dumb!

Unknown said...

I didn't know Afflecks Palace was still open. I used to go in there when I was 16 and just out of school. My first job was working in Manchester just down the road from there. I used to love walking round there at dinner time.