Sunday, November 06, 2005

Woe is Bailey

old one eye
In the heat of the frenzied fireworks last night Taylor attacked Bailey. At first she went hiding under my bed and I didn't think anything of it. But when she emerged she was in a tizz. He'd scratched her eye.
She slept huddled up to me all night which is unheard of. The last time she did that was as a kitten when she was ill.
And today I think I need to go to the vets. But I have no money.
It upsets me. We have just enough to survive on but something happen like the car brakes going or the Vets and I can't survive and it makes me cry.
So, my sister's going to lend me the money... Borrow borrow borrow.
But I can't leave the little thing in pain.
I reckon her cornea is scratched and she'll need some eye ointment. It'll get better, but is very painful.
She can't go outside. It's windy and makes her eye run. Bless.
I've been out today and hacked down most of the Sunflowers that were hanging over the garden looking dead and windswept. I don't think I'll grow them again... Too over whelming for such a tiny garden.
Makes me sad, to see my garden all dying and messy. Winter is grasping hold of us all. I put the central heating on for the first time.
But be grateful for that Trin.
The last house, we were placed in, had a coal fire... And that was it. In the very cold winter we'd drag our mattresses downstairs and sleep by the fire as the rest of the house had no heating.
Then, when someone stole the car, we didn't even have any way to fetch coal. That was a very bad time.
See, things ARE better.
Poor Bailey.

No comments: