Wednesday, November 23, 2005

no idea what to buy your Cyberman this Christmas??

I took the kids Christmas Shopping in Woolworths. They had this buy two get one free offer. I decided to buy a couple of gifts for the neighbours kids. (Next door had stuck her head over the fence Monday to ask Abby's name as she'd brought her a Christmas Present).
Trouble with these offers is, you buy stuff you don't actually want because they are a 'Bargain'.
I got two things then spotted a remote controlled Dalek for a tenner. I fell in love with it and thought it perfect for a friends child. I love Doctor Who (those Cybermans new flares are very Scooby Doo 1970's though)
So we went to pay... It came to 60 bloody quid. I was a bit shocked but only good thing was I got the free £5 gift voucher if you spend fifty quid.
Then we got back to the car to find out that A, I hadn't actually brought anything to qualify me for the buy two get the third free offer I'd forgotten and B, the Dalek was not a tenner but £20! I was out of the car like a shot and took the lot back. Got it refunded back to the card. But YES ... I still got the free fiver gift voucher.
That shop is full of the most vile screaming kids you have ever heard... all WANTING stuff. Personally I think they should be locked up until Christmas is over... Along with those old bleeders who press pedestrian controlled buttons. I hate those words Pedestrian controlled. Gives them such power pah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes, the serial pedestrian crossing button mashers. They stand there repeatedly bashing the blasted thing until the lights change, then probably assume it was down to this button abuse that the lights changed at all. IT'S TIMED PEOPLE. Press once and wait.

In the same fashion that a voice says 'cross now' at many of these, a stern voice should say "Stop pressing the button" If it detects one of these morons at work.

Anonymous said...

Pedestrian controlled buttons? You mean the nice on foot people LIKE ME?????????

Spaceminx said...

£20 for a remote controlled Dalek is a bargain. They're usually £50. I want one.