Sunday, November 06, 2005

Scarlet Magazine

I must get a subscription
Scarlet Magazine
My sister works for WHS head office and I guess there must be a few magazines lying around there and she brought some home for us.
So this afternoon I'm merrily tapping on my PC and Abby and Danz are heads in magazines on the sofa. Suddenly Abby says, "I think this magazine is for you mum".
I looked up. On the cover was Sexy Trick or Treat for Halloween and how to tell if your male lover is faking an Orgasm. (I'd have thought that was pretty obvious).
Anyway on page 35 is how to make your own DIY Sex Dungeon. I might ask DIY for cretins, teacher to help me plan it tomorrow.

Seems the magazine has ruffled a few feathers. Personally I'm pleased to see this type of magazine. There's far too much for men Like the naff Loaded. Loaded tells men what they should and shouldn't like. Which women are sex symbols and what 'real men' should do. What a bunch of crap. Scarlet is interesting. It's not OTT with obscenitys but it is quite saucy. It's kind of Girl power but also embraces the idea of lush men.
I like Cosmopolitan. I like the fashion and shopping and glossiness but it's far too out of my range. None of it has any reality for this single mother living on a council estate. Now Scarlet seems to hit the nail.... Maybe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think I read in a doctors waiting room or something but that Cosmopolitan could be a bit raunchy, women's sex fantasies, only us blokes are supposed to be so pervy. You woman are just supposed to think of England. What is the world coming to?

Anonymous said...

"on page 35 is how to make your own DIY Sex Dungeon. I might ask DIY for cretins, teacher to help me plan it tomorrow"

A 'DIY Sex' Dungeon? 'DIY Sex'? Seems awfully elaborate making a room just for pleasuring yourself. :P

Spaceminx said...

Damn these boys with long floppy hair. I thought it was two women on the cover for a moment there.