Saturday, November 05, 2005

Nov 5th


Firework Night. As long as I can remember we have never made any plans for November 5th. I'm not sure I entirely embrace the idea of fireworks.
Yep they are mighty pretty but even the big displays can have accidents.
It's the fire services biggest night of work. People burning crap in the gardens and setting their houses alight.
FFS, I'm still very pissy about our council services refusing to take more than a wheelie bin full of rubbish away. Their suggestion that I 'Burn' the rest amazed me.
Bloody hell,with some of these people around me with rather small IQ'S, I'd consider that tantamount to manslaughter.
We often had a small box of fireworks as kids but my dad took so long lighting each one we got bored.
Only thing I ever liked was the sparklers. Writing my name in the air with the pretty lights. So easy to please.
I offered to take my offspring to a display tonight. But they'd rather sit in the warm and watch the skies.
Miserable buggers.
Mind you, if I sit in amongst the residents of this area and watch them burn stuff I might get some Firemen eye candy.
Suddenly the evening ahead has potential.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine that in Beirut On Avon you have to keep your cats indoors to avoid getting them blown up.

I used to like fireworks night when we had young kids. Usually had other parenst/kids round and drank lots of booze. You are a miserable old bint at times Mrs Trin Thing.

Anonymous said...

When I was of the pyromaniac age I used to make my own fireworks. It helped that my Grandad ran a chemists, and I could pop in on the pretence of needing to use the loo - and walk out armed with all the necessary chemicals to level a small village. This fascination ended when I found a love for powerful Lasers, which I now use to write rude words on any landmarks I can see from my roof.