Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Medics

I was thinking about my psychiatrist in the bath.
no tourists hereI like the fact that he sees me as a whole person and not just a crazy head. He always asks about the girls and how they're doing.
I think they're ok but who knows. I guess I'm just mum to them... Normal mum.
Abby just brought me a brochure she found. It has funny tee-shirts for sale, she showed me a few she liked.
"Look at this mum... "TWAT The War against Tourism"
"Terrorism" I prompted, then thought... Actually I don't much like tourists either.
We've been watching that essential piece of medical education. Holby City.
Tonight a man had half his body removed.
He looked perfectly well to me. They played the Track 'Just a perfect Day' As they prepared for surgery. (What?)
After the Operation there was this stubby bit of chest and his head and shoulders left in the bed. His wife couldn't bear to look at the space where his stomach genitals and legs once were.
What a bunch of crap. Who the fuck gives this totally dreadful show it's medical advice?
Straight after surgery he was sat up in bed (on his non existent bum) saying he can't live like that.
It was quite horrific actually, especially for kids to see. I hope that sort of tragedy never befalls their dear father.
Rather reminded me of that awful 'Boxing Helena' a few years back where the guy cuts off a limb a week because she refuses to marry him or something daft.
FFS What's the use of a legless armless woman apart from to paint pictures of herself. You'll never get much vacuuming or ironing done.Or home knitted socks really..
Apologies for any headless legless women reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long a she still had a bum. What else does any sane man need from a woman?