Monday, March 13, 2006

a word from our potty hostess

I drove past a bus today advertising that awful "Hills have Eyes" remake on the side. Then I saw a TV advert for the Tarantino produced "Hostel"
What is the draw to go and watch people torn apart and terrorised?
I like Horror. I like Vampire movies and Ghost tales. I was a huge Hammer House Of Horror fan. My favourite reading is Horror, Stephen King, James Herbert, Dean Koontz and my all time Fav book Dracula by Bram Stoker.
But this isn't Horror, as the genre I love. I like to be frightened but I do not like to be disgusted and shocked.
Crikey mates, there's enough shockable stuff that happens in real life. We don't need vomit inducing fiction.
But these things have been playing on my mind. I seem unable to shake stuff lately.
Like the annoying song that goes round and round your head and won't leave. I keep seeing that Hills Have Eyes poster.
Maybe I'm taking life too seriously. I work better when I'm not serious.
Then nothing really matters. How does the song go? When you smile, the whole world smiles with you?
How about when you chop someone up with an axe. The whole world goes to the cinema to watch?
How about when you're a joke? Does the whole world play tricks with your head?
Take the hills have eyes off the side of the bus and put something pretty on instead then maybe I can stop fretting about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just going to bed last night and suddenly noticed there's a trapdoor leading to the attic in one corner of the room. Odd I never noticed it before - perhaps it has just materialised. Anyway, it reminded me of that bit in the Grudge. I am sure there's something lurking up there.