Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"Off to never never land"

"Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of snow white

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
Dreams of dragon's fire
And of things that will bite"

Metallica (1991)


I didn't take a pill tonight. I went to bed an hour ago but I can't sleep. Hope I don't have bad dreams again tonight.
I feel lonely. You know that's half my sodding problem. Silly cow I am.
I like talking too much. That Johari's grid should have bad stuff too. I'm impatient, pessimistic, irrational and potty. The IPIP scenario.
I also talk utter crap 99% of the time. Good job you're just a PC....For god's sake don't do a Lawnmower man trick on me and turn nuts, PC. Maybe I should feed the looney pills in through your DVDrw drive?
That Metallica song is one of my mostest favourite ever. Blots out everything except the music.
The Lady is coming up from London tomorrow to interview us for that Shelter conference in London. I better vacuum! Better buy tea bags and Chocolate chip cookies. We all know people from London are posh.
They had tea bags from Harrods in my Clinic today... except I found out later that it was just a tin..Someone had put Co-op Red Label in there. Ah well the tea tasted better having been in such a regal tin.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usI had to do skin prick testing today for allergens. The oldest child was about 4 years and the youngest 11 months. The babies mother wanted me to test for Cillit Bang allergy. I'm not sure the NHS go as far as to have a test for Barry Scott adverse reactions (though I'm sure it would be pretty popular)
I told her my limit was cows milk and nuts. Best to keep the baby away from the cleaning products...
Now there's a thought. Babies who clean...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

skin prick testing ???

Actually... potential puns aside...
Why do some places test for allergies and others wont? My oldest has a reaction to peanuts, we want to know if he is allergic to any other nuts and also if his brothers are too. We can't get them tested!!! Our doctor wont test them unless they have (another) bad reaction. Well... seeing how scary the first reaction was... WE KEEP HIM AWAY FROM NUTS!!! Unfortunatley that means a lot more than you'd think. Did you know chinese take-aways are cooked in palm oil?
Sorry Trin... ranting in your space ;-)
*hugs*
I stick by what I texted you.
You are loved and worthy of love.
X

Stephen said...

I forgot to put my Nohari on my blog - here you go - that should gratify your need for the dark side.

Donna said...

I'm glad you like talking!! I'm hoping you're just the same in real life and looking forward to meeting you.

It wouldn't be nearly so interesting to read your blog if you didn't need to talk ...

Trinity said...

There isn't a bad word I could say about you Stephen tsk. Some of those words are horrid.
Exaxis.... they skin prick test for LOADS of stuff including Moulds, cat, dog, guinea pig, horse hair, grasses, trees, bees, and ALL sorts of foods and nuts. Fish, vegetables (inc tomatoes), fruit, seeds, wheat, milk, dust mites... the list is pretty big.
And I am the same in real life..... unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

I can never understand all those "May contain traces of peanuts" stickers, they seem to stick them on almost EVERYTHING. How can there be peanut in nearly every food you can think of??

Metallica! that's a bit better Flaps! maybe your musical tastes are not totally beyond hope after all. (ok they are post 1979)