Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Analysation

If I take some time to think about it
If I peel back the layers

And explore the black cells underneath
If I plunge my hands into the sordid mess
And debride the deadness
And expose the pain inside
I will face it
And pull every atom apart
And ask why
Just why it had ever existed
Then it would shrink and dry
And leave me be
To shine.
Trinity 2006

I want to do a creative writing course. I like expressing through word but my head keeps having these crazy blocks and won't allow me to find the right words anymore. Maybe with some encouragement and purpose I could explore this art and get some worthy satisfaction from it. Plus it'll get me out of the house and meet like minded people who too want to express.
I've been looking online for one in Bristol. I only found one at the Uni. I think that may be a bit highfalutin for little old me. They prob all got degrees or something.
Maybe I should just do an English A level? But my O level English put me off with being forced to read stuff I didn't enjoy. I hated 'The Merchant Of Venice' with passion though I'd have enjoyed 'Midsummer Nights Dream' or 'Romeo and Juliet'. And as for Thomas Hardy and 'Jude the Obscure'... Just don't go there.
I think my most fav book of all time has to be 'Dune' don't be put off by the terrible TV films based on this book. They did not give it any form of justice. I wanted my life to resemble a close mix of 'Dune' meets 'Pride and Prejudice'.
Can you imagine what an epic that would have been? Properly Spiced.

2 comments:

Jude said...

Go to the uni one, people with degrees are over rated most of them can't spell.

Trinity said...

That's very profound and beautiful. When Mercy Seasons Justice.
Now do you reckon there's any hope for me in Ceative writing? You're one of theose Uni Degree guys aren't you?
You read Thomas Hardy without flinching.