Friday, March 24, 2006

sugar south

"That's sweet
That conversation we had last week
When you gagged and bound me up to my seat
You're right, I do
I keep it all in"

Beautiful South (1989)

The ward was full of sugar today. People had made cakes, lovely cakes. Lemon, chocolate and marble cakes. Fairy cakes and chocolate krispies (shines badge)
Yesterday was a truly awful day for them all. Most unexpected and desperately sad.
Plus today was the last day of the winter. One ward closes every summer and the staff sprinkled around Bristol. The last day we're all together until September. It was also Kelly's last day. As someone said we often get nurses from Wales working with us but they all seem to drift back to Wales at some point. Personally I think that damn bridge is too expensive.
It was busy and I got tired really quickly. I reckon it was all the sugar. A big high then a huge low when the sugar goes.
I'm ok. Better without those pills making me sick.
I just got a ticket to see The Beautiful South in May. OK, they might not be rock central... But they are Brill.
Lot's of stuff to look forward to Trin... Keep on going.

2 comments:

Jude said...

My Mam used to like the Beautiful South you could have took her with you she likes gigs.

Anonymous said...

Oh, they were chocolate crispies!! I do apologise.