Sunday, March 12, 2006

thoughts

"I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright
'Cause I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love"
The Beatles 1964

I've seen two completely different types of mothering this week. Both with much love but so strikingly opposite.
My neighbour's relative. A lovely girl. This is her fourth child. An uneventful pregnancy. To be honest she was too busy to give it a second thought.
She's a smoker, which is bad. Possibly my only frown upon her. But each to their own. But she's given birth to this teeny baby yesterday, 5 lbs and is up and about. Walking with the double buggy around the place. It's freezing cold here today but needs must and she has stuff to do.
Then I met a mother in work.
Middle classed. With the most cosseted baby. Everything perfect. But it wasn't. She was looking for things to be wrong. I have never seen anyone undress a baby with such care. It was as if she was dresden china. It took 20 minutes to remove a coat tights and dress.
The baby couldn't be taken into the outside world, so the family car had to come directly to the door.
Both good mothers, nothing to be concerned about. Both kids will grow up. It would be interesting to see which one has the most hang ups.
I'm kinda glad I live here.
I guess I'm really a down to earth girl.
I wanted to go out today and buy stuff for the teeny baby next door. That's a big problem of mine. I got her some stuff, some nappies and new bottles. But I mustn't go mad.
She was over joyed with just a few things. Bless her.
I like giving. Somehow when I give stuff it makes me be someone. Someone's friend maybe. But giving has got me in so much hassle over the years. An excess of giving can lead to abuse and financial ruin. For a while there I tried to buy friends.
You can't buy friends though, I sadly found out.
I've spent the morning thinking. Collette says I think far too much. My head is racing like a formula One Grand Prix. I wake up with a headache. My dreams have been so extreme and vivid. I think I'm going crazy (insert manic laughter lol).
Collette says I need to let stuff go and move on.
Anyone got a thought removal van handy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Course you can. For £10,000 I'm anybody's. But nobody wants me. Sniff!

What's happened to your bipolar mo mate flaps?

Spaceminx said...

I think Middle Class lady's baby might grow up a bit wussy ;)

Trin you are a lovely, buying stuff for your neighbour.