Friday, March 31, 2006

big mouth big blubber baby

It's all blown up into a big row at work today and I just realised it's all my fault.
A friend just called me. There's been ructions and accusations and tears.
The girl who was rude to me yesterday has apparently upset other people. Now I don't think for one second she set out to upset people but it's her attitude. She's hard as nails. But she's decent and a good person.
Other people she's upset just shrugged it off and ignored it. It's just her way... They rationalised.
However,stupid over sensitive "I don't cope" Trin cried about it.
And those who know me and empathise were cross. The others start saying... well actually she's not nice to me, she did this , she said that.
The flood gates opened.
Thing is...there's this gremlin in my head that says... Maybe it is all my fault and I shouldn't be working there.
Can I tell you something? I'm actually scared to go into work today.
Should have kept my mouth shut and ignored it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't normally comment, but here goes.

But you are no way responsible for the other womans actions, she upset you, she made you cry, has she attempted to apologise? It doesn't sound like it!

It sounds like all the others were feeling victimised on a personal level, and are most possibly releaved that it's not just them and glad to get it out in the open.

Could be no-ones ever challenged or more likely been to scared to confront this woman with her behaviour before, and this whole situation may well come as shock to her but hopefully will help her, so essentially from my point of view you have done a good thing. Maybe it the only way she knows how to protect her own insecurities! People often forget other people than themselves have feelings too!

I personally despise bullies, and the stressful situations they make and how they make you feel.

It sounds like you have dealt with the situation very compassionately seeing as you were the one that was hurt, and you appear to have a lot of supportive colleauges.

I hope when you get to work the air will have lifted, and issues are or get to be resolved.

Good luck & be proud of yourself for being true to your feelings and not suffering it in silence.

Jude said...

I like anon whoever they are.