Wednesday, March 08, 2006

lovework

Oh what's love got to do, got to do with it
What`s love but a second hand emotion
What`s love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart
When a heart can be broken
Tina Turner 1984

Abby's big play tonight. But I can't see it. Working a late. My own fault. I swapped ages ago to avoid a certain person.
Then she announces it's her play and principle wouldn't allow me to change back... Besides it's better staffing for the unit. You can't have 2 on an early and no-one on late, which is what would have happened.
I was going back to bed but I've just blitzed the house. It's those damn cats that make the mess. Bailey's been ripping up paper, and bringing me in gifts of leaves and twigs and worms. Thanks Bailey.
There's science diet cat food everywhere... Heaven knows how they manage to make it spread so far over the kitchen carpet.
I'm glad I'm back at work. Yesterday was hard. I got into piles of notes spread everywhere. Our ward receptionist is lovely but needs a little direction. She says she likes it when I work because I'm so organised and know what needs doing but in reality she probably groans. I don't trust people who compliment anymore because they don't mean it.
There were piles of notes awaiting results.
There's a system at work where you send the notes immediately after admission to be coded and then the hospital gets funding for having had that patient in hospital for x number of days.
If the notes don't get sent we don't get money. Also if they don't get sent within a certain time scale it's wiped off too.
I got in yesterday, looked through the notes. But some results in and sent the lot to be coded.
Then the doctors come in and ask.. "Where's the notes?" They'd keep them until doomsday. If notes get lost it's ALWAYS the doctors. They find them at home, in the car, in various offices.
Miss efficient here, Miss OCD extreme won't allow that. Now imagine working with me?
Yes... Ok Bossy overbearing and interfering may be a fair statement but just don't call me inefficient.
I had a bad day emotionally, socially and self esteem wise yesterday. Today will be better. Ok you listening Miss Trinity.. Today WILL be better.
Love you all?
No.
Love is a bad useless and overused word that brings heartache and sadness.

No comments: