Friday, March 10, 2006

crazy world

Some people are so incredibly stupid It beggars belief that they survive.
One Christmas at work one of the babies dads not understanding the door buzzer system and not being able to open the door to the unit climbed through a tiny top window in the ladies bathroom and landed on a woman in there sat on the toilet.
Yesterday was crazy day at work. We had in some very odd families.
The ones I find hardest to deal with are the ones who insist there's something wrong with their obviously very well children. Then as they get older the kid starts to believe there's something wrong with him and the vicious circle continues.
I guess (as I am) I should understand mental illness?
Anyways someone just sent me these on email and I laughed.

ONE
Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have
an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets.
"We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter.
"You don't?" I replied.
"We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply.
"So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?"
"That's right."
So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.
TWO
I was checking out at the local ASDA with just a few items and the lady behind
me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers"
that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they
wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up
the "divider", looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding
the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?"
I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today."
She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left.
She had no clue to what had just happened.
THREE
I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage.
The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister." I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the 'cruise control' and then went in the back to make a sandwich.

No comments: