Thursday, March 23, 2006

smile :)

So the sun shines for us. It seems Abby has a religious Education exam on the Wednesday morning of the Shelter Event and nothing the following day. So we're all set to go. I'm actually quite excited about it. I love London. It's so fast and diverse. I love big cosmopolitan cities. I did laugh when the Shelter worker asked Abby if she'd ever been to London before and felt a bit embarrassed when we said we had and then it came out about Abby's St Lucia Trip... Hardly deprived are we?!
I feel so well today. I didn't sleep great but most of that was due to that bloody cat attacking my feet at regular intervals. I really should learn to close the bedroom door but hate not being able to hear anything or the girls if they want me.
I had to visit our local Post Office again this morning.
What a gross place. In the entry hall there was a used condom sat on the floor. It smells so bad in there, a mix of sweat, tobacco and urine.
The line was full of the elderly getting their pensions out. It takes so long now as they have to navigate the chip and pin system. I stood there wondering if when I'm 80 they'll have some brand new system that will confuse me. The shopping area seemed to be abundant with young men on skateboards and bikes. The fake burberry cap brigade. They can be quite intimidating at times. Someone stopped and asked me for 20 p. I told them I didn't have any money and hurried away. I was conned up there once, someone asked for change of twenty pounds and somehow they managed to con me out of a tenner. I felt so stupid afterwards, but I wasn't all there mentally. Now I rarely make eye contact with anyone.
I can't wait for them to knock the place down. It's so desperately needed. A new shopping centre. By by heck they're going to need a lot of security.
I'm watching the news. The Iraq hostage Norman Kember has been released.
His family must be overcome with relief.
I hate religion.

No comments: