Wednesday, March 15, 2006

But that's not what I want.

"When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I can't explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb".


Pink Floyd (1979)

Just a quick note. I've been pretty awful today. Sleeping all the time and I feel so weak and light headed. But the only good thing has been that the first time in about Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us6 weeks, I've been chilled. Truly chilled. No bad thoughts or anxieties. TBH I couldn't give a feck about anything.
I am very sensitive to medication and I also get used to stuff fairly easily. About 2 weeks and I'll prob be ok.
But I'm not sure I want to be out of it. I've taken another pill. It dissolves on your tongue. Some of it has dissolved on my lip and my lip is numb. I don't WANT to be numb though.
Can I get what I want? Can I be anxiety free and feel awake and real?
Ok I'll try this until the weekend and see what happens then, but ATM I can't see me continuing to take them. This is such a selfish illness. You tend to be so wrapped up in yourself. I hate it.
I found out today that a friend has lost her little cat to illness this week. Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and no cat could wish for a better mummy than you were.
Take care out there
xxx

I love that Pink Floyd song. I'm going to listen to it and think about all those people out there who care about me. Thanks for all your support. Not sure I deserve a second of it but thanks anyways.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure you deserve a second of it?

Trust me. You do.
.... and I'm gald to know you're seeing sunshine through the rain. Yes, you're cared for. Deeply.
Take care Trin-e-babe.
*hugs*

Keith Horowitz said...

Comfortable numb.
And that song. It says so much.
Some days I almost wish I could be comfortable numb.
The numb before I realized what happened to me over the years.
The numb you can get from pills.
But while I hate how much I'm anxious and sad at times - I don't want to go back to hiding - hiding all of it from myself.
And the pills can make me so numb, that I don't seem to feel anything. My father passed without a tear or feeling when it happend - but it was also a release.
But even when I didn't feel that, and felt almost nothing, I still felt that things were wrong and should be better for me.
And then I started getting anxious that the anti-anxiety pills were making me so, so passive.
Numb - nice in theory, and in song - but I'll have to pass.