Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sharkie

Sunday. I hate them. Well I was dreading today. Danz was at a sleepover and I had to pick her up at 10 am, drive to my Mothers, pick her up... Go to the gym and then out for lunch with my parents.
Yeah, I know it sounds nice but my father was the last person I wanted to sit across a table from today.
Danz was at her friend Serena's. I rang her from the car to say I was almost there. She wasn't ready. I sat outside impatiently and even beeped the horn once. She came out all flappy and flustered. I felt this miserable cloud sit on my head and I glared at her. "I thought you said you'd be ready at 10 am"? I moaned.
She didn't say anything. We got 200 yards down the road and she announces she'd forgotten her handbag.
"Great" I snarled and turned the car around. As I drove back with my face like thunder a little inner voice nagged me.
Wasn't this just the kind of behaviour exhibited to us by our father when we were little? The terror that we'd get something wrong and rile him.
the ever patient Trin.Oh he had excuses, he had diabetes and I'm fairly sure was depressed at some point. And I use my BP as an excuse for a load of shit that I shouldn't. But is that any reason to take stuff out on the kids? She'd had a great sleepover to have it spoilt by a snappy miserable old bitch of a mother?
Why couldn't I just pick her up cheerfully and patiently? So we lost a few minutes with her forgetfulness but FFS it simply didn't matter.
Anyways we went to the gym.
I did 14 lengths. The first 10 were hard but then the burn kicked and suddenly it became easy. I could have done loads more but the hassle of negotiating a pool full of rather rude Chinese people and a bratty little boy who dived on my head 3 times and almost drowned me was too overwhelming.
Sunday morning is not the time to exercise there.
So on to dinner. Where an hour was sent making polite conversation and him trying to persuade me that I was a fool not to have the car serviced annually. What with Buttons?
Dive on me in the pool Zane!Now home and an afternoon sleep dream in which Zane Lowe was in the gym pool and the miserable receptionist from last year wouldn't let me in because my card had got wet.
Why can't everyone be as patient as me?...
And, bastard no I have not got 'All the patience of a hungry shark' either....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to avoid commenting on your personal stuff as I always seem to put my foot in it, just to note you that you do have a reader today. Bound to get the "someone who loves you" sooner or later flaps as you are an interesting person and you deserve it. (Even though you are as batty as 2000 fruitcakes)

Trinity said...

Thanks Xog. It's Ok I won't throw a hissy fit at you anymore. Was having a bad time.
Something weird just happened... what do you make of this?

"Symantec Email Proxy deleted the following email message:

From: xoggoth anonymous-comment@blogger.com
To: lifeastrin@gmail.com.
Subject: [Living as Trinity] 3/05/2006 07:03:41 PM"

Can anyone tell me why Norton is now deleting my email messages?
I don't understand.

Anonymous said...

Dunno what that is. I haven't sent you any direct emails since that one I passed on about about Tescos encouraging incest. Never touched net/email on Friday until gone 5pm as not allowed internet access at work and had to travel home. Nor thursday evening, I was too drunk. Norton is shite, it probably makes up xoggoth emails.

Trinity said...

No. When you write a comment here it gets sent to me by email. Now the email isn't directly from you but from Blogger... so in fact Norton has deleted a blogger email... why?
Apparenty this was a 2003 Norton problem but I'm running 2006 version.

Anonymous said...

Psst!
*hugs*
:-)

that's for the post.

*hugs*
That one's for you and Xog talking again. :-D

*hugs*
and that one's just cos i fancy giving you a hug.
X