Tuesday, March 21, 2006

enough is enough

"But I'm hoping to kick but the planet it's glowing"
David Bowie (1980)

I had a fairly ok day yesterday. I gauge these statement on the fact that I went to work. Made it to the end of the shift and got home ok. However I was exhausted and went almost immediately to bed, leaving the girls up to switch off the lights and lock up.
I feel asleep and woke a couple of times but did sleep fitfully and had dreams.
I dreamt that I was ill. I was on holiday with some ex-friends of mine and going different places, but I felt really unwell and had to drag myself around.
I woke up and almost immediately puked and then it wouldn't stop... Sweeps of nausea and vomiting that griped me. I took the girls to school and came home.I had to be in work at 9.30 am but couldn't go like that.
Eventually I dragged myself into the car and got in work at 10am.
Over the morning I started to feel a bit better.
But enough is enough. Today I have tummy pain, been vomiting, felt faint practically all morning, my legs ache, I feel as if I'm coming down with flu. I'm unsteady, I just fell half way down the stars and my head hurts.
It's been a week, I didn't expect to still be so incapacitated by those damn evil poisonous pills.
So I made the decision to stop. I'll go see my GP Thursday to explain it to him.... Trouble is I bet he'll try to get me to take something else.
But I really can't cope a minute longer.
I'm not a failure am I? I tried my best... Honest.

4 comments:

Donna said...

No, you are not a failure. Pills that make you fall down stairs are not a good thing - surely? I would say, stupid pills - stop taking them, but I am totally unaware of the implications of doing so. They sound horrible though - that's unless it's a virus or something and you would have been just as ill without them.

Was that helpful? No not really, but I thought I'd witter on anyway.

Hope you feel better soon x

Donna said...

Oh, and yes I am the sort of person who says "Go on, have a cup of tea - it will all be better soon." Tra la la ...

Anonymous said...

No failure.
If a pill does such things, it's not a good pill.

Jude said...

Get an emergency app and tell them tomorrow.