Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The female Gordon Ramsay.

"She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you from behind".
Sir Cliff (1976)
ok I know but the teacher was real old.......

I went to see Abby's catering teacher. Dorothy. I'd been told by Abby and Charlotte that 'Dorothy' was a witch.
Three clicks of the red shoes and the bus will come Abby!Yeah right girls, we all said that about our teachers from time to time.
I fear the girls were right.
I introduced myself, and asked her if I could have a short word. We stepped outside. I explained the traumas the girls were having with the buses etc.
"Not my problem" , she muttered, "If they're late I tell them off and report them to school"
Ah yes, I tried to explain. That's the problem, the attitude that frankly no-one cares. That they don't want to be late but when circumstances are beyond their control what can they do?
The woman looked over my head and not directly at me. I studied her peroxide blonde perm and hard face, as she went into a rant about how she was forced to teach these 'kids' and that she had other schools exactly the same. The schools didn't care, they sent 'these kids' to her and she had all this work to get through with them... And etc etc....
I didn't want to say.. 'Hey woman the problem seems to be you and your attitude'. But that was what I was trying to get across in a polite way.
So I asked her to encourage attendance and say that if the bus was a bit late that they were still to come and she would support them.
Ummm. No She thinks not. She said she would continue to reprimand them and report them.
After all they were leaving school in a few months and they needed to learn responsibility.
Ok you know I understand that but at this present stressful exam, scary time when leaving school is imminent and nothing is stable in their lives, they are STILL children.
I told her that, she didn't listen.
She told me to take it up with the school, but she said you won't get anywhere.
Sadly she's right.
You know though, with a different attitude towards them, she'd get such a better response. She actually said that the first time Abby was late, when the bus wouldn't let them on, that Abby and Amy were rude to her. Their attitude was disgraceful.
I was mad, my kid is never rude to anyone (and Amy is the nicest inoffensive sweet girl you could wish to meet)
I told her I didn't believe her and asked her to think back that maybe the girls were more like frustrated at the total lack of empathy and understanding from any adults around them and what kind impression that had made on them?
Waste of words.
Yep, she's a bitch.

No comments: