Sunday, March 19, 2006

"see I'm stuck in a city but I belong in a field"

"Well I don't feel better
When I'm fucking around
And I don't write better
When I'm stuck in the ground
So don't teach me a lesson
Cause I've already learned
Yeah the sun will be shining
And my children will burn

Oh the heart beats in its cage

I don't want what you want
I don't feel what you feel
See I'm stuck in a city
But I belong in a field

Yeah we got left, left, left, left, left, left, left, left

Now it's three in the morning and
You're eating alone

Oh the heart beats in its cage"

The Strokes 2006

You want a really good tune to see you through Sunday? Try the new one from le magnificent album First impressions of Earth By The Strokes.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us'Heart In A cage' is their second single from the Album... Let's hope it has a worthy time scaling the UK charts warding off such evil as Leo Sayer and Shayne Ward.
A track full of jolting guitar riffs and Casablancas unmistakable rough yet compelling vocal talents.
I love this group. I saw them at Reading (yes I know I've said that before) They're magnetic and cool. They dress with edge and style and they have this air of REAL rock stars.
The video see's Julian spending most of his time laid flat on the pavements of NYC. I had a feel of Radiohead creep up on me. Whilst the other's are on high ledges affording rather splendid views of NYC's skyline and unmistakable buildings. It said 'everything is rushing past me... It won't stop'.
Some nice looking shoes walked past Julians' head ... See I notice these things.
I like angry music... But it isn't angry. Rather insistent. You can't ignore it. The Strokes music is evolving past the ditty stage into something more substantial and tangible. It's one of those tunes I liked from the very first bar the very first time I heard it... I hate that cliche... It Rocks. But put simply It does.
Go listen.

No comments: