Tuesday, March 14, 2006

goodbye inspiration for a while

I'm a bit confused tonight.
I wish I had someone who really knows me... You know like someone here to talk it through. But I'm really not sure about taking these new anti-depressants.
My issue is that I took so long to get off the last lot. It was such a battle, that I won eventually but it damn near destroyed me.
I'm a bit scared really, about how I'll be, how it'll affect me.
"Remeron's Typical Side Effects: Most of the anticholinergic effects common with psychiatric medications are infrequent with Remeron. Instead you get intense hunger for the wrong foods, and with that comes weight gain, dry mouth and constipation. Then you want to sleep a lot. It's like you may as well be smoking pot when you take Remeron".

I am scared. But what else can I do than take my psychiatrists advice? But then, why do I feel I'm being lead to the Lion's Den?

2 comments:

Keith Horowitz said...

anti-depressants - that doesn't sound like fun.
I've tried a few, and I hate what they do to me.
My Dr. gave me Lexapro to try. I took one, one day at work when I was really stressed - boy did it stone me. It seems like they all do.
I tried a xanax - I could take smaller doeses so it didn't hit me as hard most of the time - but it didn't help all that much either.
I wish there was more I could do to help. Good luck with it - I hope it doesn't take away all your energy!

Anonymous said...

I really sympathise flaps, I would hate to be in that position again and having to make that choice.

You really don't HAVE to do anything. I would not be inclined to think that a psychiatrist's advice should necessarily be followed.

In my experience they rarely make any allowance for individuals. I was once refused something which for me had a quite magical effect, a single pill had me feeling ok for days and that's all I needed. They said it was addictive and instead gave me something that had me feeling psychotic. I chucked the lot in tne end, went through hell for a year but eventually came through it,

Question. Did you go there feeling you really needed the medication or do you just feel obliged to take it now because it's been offered and he's the expert? If the latter, nothing has really changed, make your own decision.