Saturday, May 14, 2005

What's in a name?

The Importance of a strong name.

A research paper has shown that black students with exotic names are over looked for gifted programs.
It got me wondering about names. We has a baby in last week with a gaelic name. Her mum was british and the name meant something like shining. But it was unpronouncable. None of us could say it. All throughout that childs life, no-one will be able to say her name. I also know a child called Kaleah. For the life of me I can't seem to remember her name. It just won't stick in my head.
I found a cool site with suggested names for your geeky baby. Names from Star Wars and Dr Who. It's quite fun but no way would I want to see any babies called Sith.
There's a huge list of names that Americans have chosen for their kids last year.
I thought I'd show you some of my 'Favourites!'
London
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Karyme
Lyric
America
Genesis
Trinity yay!
Jesus
Rodolfo
Coy
Cash

A substantial amount of people called their kids those names in 2003....unbelievable.
But the worse names were found in an American Baby Name book
Wonder if Britney will chose any of these?
Girls
Blenda
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usDrinka
Delight
Daralice
Crispiana
Ancelot
Florida

Boys
Spear
Pollux
Pitt
Pista
Frick
Humps


There's a certain ring to Spear Federline.

In honor of Final Fantasy, couple names their child "Sephiroth"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have no right to make fun of anyone's name, even if they are weird!

~Daralice