Saturday, May 07, 2005

saturday

I like Saturday Mornings. Lazing around in our pyjamas, watching crap TV and eating toast and marmite.
I'm really chilled this morning and it feels so good. I realised how stressed I've been about everything. On Thursday I was really worried about the 12 hour shift yesterday and also yet another doctor's appt.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWork was very quiet though and the Perindopril must have kicked in as I was so laid back. I think work must have also been worried about me though, because at 10 am we were joined by our top manager in full uniform. She has the auspicious title of Matron..a modern matron.
We go back a long way, through good and bad times. I couldn't work out why exactly she was making our numbers up to 4 on such a quiet day. But it soon became obvious she was there to work with me, we went to dinner together and she asked me lots of probing but very caring questions. She insisted I booked 4 weeks holiday on the annual leave card. Two whole weeks together in August. That will kill me!
The Doctor on duty was one I'd had a bit of stress with, he's nice though. But he was ace and worked really well with us. Matron did stick up for him once though, in my face, and he told everyone she was wonderful, after she left!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usThere was one funny moment when one of the doctors told me there was a member of Girls Aloud, posing as a nurse on my ward. It was the new 18 year old Student Nurse.
Anyways I'm still toying with the idea of going out tonight to the Thirteen Senses Gig. So unsure about what to do. Wish Clarrie or Jude lived by me.
You know what's funny about living here South of the City? In the mornings and sometimes evenings, you see people outside with their night clothes on. They knock on neighbours doors, or pop to the shops, stand outside 'having a fag'. I have no idea why I find it amusing but I do.
Going to put stuff on eBay today. Gradually selling the contents of the whole house. Well it's fun. Damn those kids who refuse to let me sell their toys....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now i need more than half a days notice to get to bristol for a gig