Sunday, May 22, 2005

The World of the MP3

Yesterday we went shopping. Yes I know, quite a gamble with two teenage girls in tow. But to be perfectly honest we havent done any clothes shopping, or done anything that they'd consider 'fun' in ages.
I told them they could have one thing each. After carefully looking round all the shops Abby picked a £18 quid totally unsuitable fancy top with bare shoulders and this green and lemon chiffon layering. I wanted her to have a skirt for the summer. But no, my taste in clothes isn't good enough. I finally asked her just where she was going to wear that thing, and she stropped off. Put it back and said she didn't want ANYTHING now.
Grrr finally she picked a lovely pink smocked top reduced to a tenner. Danz had one of those white gypsy skirts and I did buy her some lush black dolly shows (she hasn't any shoes only trainers and boots).
Nothing for me of course.
Then I was conned into buying scoubies and those rubber charity bracelets on a stall outside the Entertainer. The one Abby had was the managing director of the Entertainers own Charity. Something to do with the Grant Image Hosted by ImageShack.usFoundation and healthy kids. Abby liked the pink and cream marbled effect...bugger the charity.
(actually I've just realised I paid 2 quid for a bracelet that normally sells for a pound and they had 75p goes to charity on the sign. That means £1.25 doesn't hmmmm that's not good)
We got our tickets to Manchester for next week. The kids can't wait. Clarrie better get lots of rest. I dreamt I was there last night and there were tons of other people as well. It was chaos, Clarrie kept serving wine to everyone and I'd lost the kids (hmm that was good them!)
Then we hit the newly opened Woolworths close to home. A massive place packed full of toys and cd's and everything. Bob the builder was walking around. I'm surprised I didn't see Dan trying to get his autograph.
Then the girls ganged up on me and I got stung. By two 'half price' MP3 players please please please...all our friends have one. We're left out. Please............
Ok so we got them. Home we went happy as Larry (whose Larry?)
Well we were happy until we tried to use the little plastic bits of crap.
Now I'm fairly computer and MP3 and equipment literate. I have an IPod but bloody hell. The ipod is a dream. Its all done for you. This had no instructions what so ever and was a bugger to negotiate. Plus, I hadn't a clue about such things as the Image Hosted by ImageShack.usProtected MP3 Oh yes. Life isn't simple when you buy all your tracks from Itunes.
Basically they only work on ipods. They have this license that won't allow it to be transfered anywhere else. But all the music I've put on the itunes library...all my cds, are also covered by the itunes license.
What between this and the damn crappy bit of plastic, I lost it with the sodding music and took them back and got a refund.
Then we drove all the way to pc world and bought two more for tenner each extra. But double the capacity and easier to use, Napa ones. A drag and drop system.
They've spent all day putting music on. Peace!
I'm so sick of mp3's. The printer still isn't working. My dad says there is nothing in it. He looked. So I'm going to take it back to pc world. Hope they don't yell at me.

No comments: