Monday, May 23, 2005

Just another day

Work was ok today...Well sort of. It was quiet and not stressy. But being lulled into a false sense of security, I got told off by management.
There was a big meeting going on. No-one I thought that important though, but we were asked to put a do not disturb sign on the door. I had the job. Bad move. I drew people all over the door and D A N G E R do not enter in big red letters. Everyone laughed, even my immediate manager but Big Boss wiped it off in disgust. Then she caught me at the nurses desk French plaiting the student nurses hair.... Well I was bonding with her. We got yelled at, and she went on and on. The student looked worried. I took it like the man I am.
I decided as penance we would take alcohol wipes (sniff them) and clean the whole unit, chairs, cots, toys, window sills. Cardiac machinery. Yes...That's right, I decided, not the manager lol.... Crazy huh? Well it made the student work and the machinery was filthy. I do get a great sense of achievement from a clean ward. Others call it obsessive.
When I got home I was knackered. And pissy and was hell for half an hour then calmed down.
I went and laid down for 1/2 hour only to be disturbed by a kid knocking on the door every 10 minutes with Bailey in his arms "Have you lost a cat" he said. No she isn't lost, she is allowed out there. Bang Bang "Your cat is under the car" Yes she's allowed there. Bang Bang "I found your cat in my garden" grrr. Finally Bailey stayed in being rather fed up of little ginger kid picking her up all the time.
Now the girls have gone to see Girls Aloud. There was a fraught moment when Abby had such a bad headache she didn't want to go. I rang Marie but she wouldn't let Hollie go with Danz on their own.
So Abby went. And I have peace. Lush quiet on my own peace. Karma with Trin. And yesss Shaly I do own a Vibrator. Tsk.

No comments: