Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Dosh

At the weekend a couple of men put leaflets through our doors offering to lend money. Being without a bean in my purse, I looked at it. Tossed it aside then picked it up again and called the number. They said they'd be round at 11.30 Monday. My next door neighbour, the nice one called as well. She wants wallpaper for her lounge. I just wanted money.
So much I want to do which I consider luxury. I want my hair cut. It's dry and scraggly and I want to recolour it back to brunette and cut it all one length. The girls need a trim as well. I think a hair cut might help school! Hair in the eyes and all that.
Well yesterday I was waiting for him to come and I called a mate and told him what I was doing. He went mad! I'd never considered these money lenders as loan sharks. But I guess they are. Preying on council estates. People who have no other means to borrow cash they need to do stuff like house decorating. Charge very high interest rates. You never seem to end the loan.
So I didn't take the money. He said he'd leave my name on his file incase I changed my mind. Hope I never get that desperate.
But today, when my eBay paypal money still hasn't hit my account and I still haven't got any cash (though if I look hard I'm sure I'll find some) I wistfully think of the money I could have had in my purse. (I'm such a silly bitch!)