Sunday, May 29, 2005

Lies

Scientific American Mind: Natural-Born Liars:
You lie and lie and lie until you can't lie any more....Then you lie AGAIN.

"Feldman found that women were more likely to lie to make the stranger feel good, whereas men lied most often to make themselves look better"

I upset one of the new staff nurses in work Friday. We had three admissions on their way in and I told her to phone admissions put them on the computer and get the notes. But admissions wouldn't put them on the screen until they actually arrive, so I told her to say they were here (I wanted to order tests and I can't do it until they are registered), well she lied but got into a terrible state about it (oh god!) and said she never told lies.
WTF? I lie all the time. It's part of my fabric I reckon. I wonder if that makes me a terrible person? Bloody hope not. Anyways an interesting and thought provoking article for you to read.

No comments: