Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hard Bloody Work

Today I hadn't intended on doing much but the weather spurred me on and I decided today was grass cutting day!
First I had to find the Lawn Mower, under the stairs underneath a mound of Christmas decs and trees and various crap. I'd borrowed a strimmer from my Mum and was seriously thinking of buying my very own strimmer, when I found a brand new one under the stairs. It clicked. I'd bought one last year in the B&Q sale. You know when that sort of thing happens and I realise just how crap my memory is, it freaks me. Imagine having Altzeimers? No don't.
Now what the feck is it with strimmers? Could they not have invented anything more complex? What is it with those bits of string? Where's the blade? Now a lawn mower is simple. There's a blade that goes round and cuts the grass, but what happens with a strimmer? And to make it worse it appears mine has double string. Well I used it for about 20 seconds then it stopped working. My neighbour said the string was out. So that was that. End of strimmer.
So I cut all the very high grass with the hover mower. It did smell a bit burny at times but I ploughed on. It took me about an hour and I had to rest twice. But I did it. My hands are so sore though. They have callouses on the fleshy bit by my thumb. (Think I'm spending too much time with the cats , I just told Abby my paws hurt)
I was most upset that I fell asleep last night and when I woke up the nicked car was gone. Oh good I thought, but apparently I slept through the car being set alight, the firemen coming and a tow truck.
So guys I'm off to Manchester tomorrow. I hope you all miss me, though I may find time to post from there (might be a bit drunk though!)
Take Care. XxX

2 comments:

Jude said...

have a nice time in the north.

racingpartsales.com said...

Perhaps a 2 dollar goat from the livestock auction would keep your lawn in order. They do have strings from time to time, but only after eating your sewing.