Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Nestle Rep

Today I went to work, but it was quiet and after checking my blood pressure which was still up, the girls gave me an easy day. Bless 'em!
At 12.30 though we were told we had a rep coming in to talk to us about immunology and the use of infant milk. A 'Nestle' Rep.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usSome of the girls refused to go. They said they objected to Nestle and would rather not listen to their propaganda. But the rep was providing lunch. Never a one to turn down a good meal, I went to see what she had.
Well, she'd stopped at Sainsburys and got the luxury sandwich range. Brie with apple, and ploughman's lunch on whole grain. Lush. Those posh crisps with the sea salt. A big box of doughnuts and fruit. Luxury grapes and apples.
We all tucked in, well all seven of us, she went on about how indigestible baby milks were and how good this NAN 1 Probiotic Starter Infant formula was. A huge study in Germany has it marked as being very good for baby, blah blah. Trouble is, it seems very expensive and hard to get hold of.... well over here. It's readily available in Australia and places like Egypt.
After she went, I got my new blood pressure pills , The pharmacist came out to warn me that the pills may reduce my blood pressure. Duh.
Got sent home. So a good day really. I got tomorrow off for the election. I got my sister's ironing to do so Tony can keep me company whilst I iron her BF's jeans :)

2 comments:

Jude said...

Ooh Claz is gonna get you talking to evil Nestle and taking their sandwiches

Trinity said...

they were really nice and tasty. I already had trouble from the grumblemag who reckons boobs are for milk.