Thursday, December 01, 2005

skool

Grumpy bitch today or what?
I went to work... yay. Back to normality. Tired though, everytime I laid down last night I started to cough. The more I coughed the crosser I got and the crosser I got the more I sodding well coughed.
This evening was a sort of parents evening.
First we saw Danielle's teacher. Her scores (I have no idea what they meant) were good. Exceptional in some places (including PE.. wow) but her teacher had to write a report on areas of improvement. So she asks her what she thinks she could work harder on.
Danielle said, she worked hard on everything. Yes, if she didn't understand she always asked, yes she always did her homework to her best ability.
There was an awkward silence.
She had a very ok score for IT. So her teacher said maybe she could use the internet more and gain more pc skills, at which point I got on my high horse and told her that Danielle had her own website, that she knew basic HTML. That she regulary used powerpoint, word and other applications. Basically she needs more TEACHING. Lets turn the tables and say how the sdding teachers can improve.
After we left, I felt bad. It was the first time I'd met that teacher and I was such a cow really. I've been in a bad mood all night. It's passing now. Poor woman, bet she'd rather she was home in the warm with her husband watching neighbours than talking to stupid parents.
Abby's teacher is slightly odd. Nice but odd. A science teacher, who is an ex forensic scientist assigned to the cops. She told me she'd seen lots of gory stuff. Great.
I started my usual moan about the lack of maths tutoring... and she did her usual fob me off with crap crap, chatter chatter... I'll see what I can do... crap.
Change the subject.... Abby has had unauthorised absences.... truancy?
I think not. I said. More like your crap system failing. Ah yes, quite right Ms Trinity.
Then we filled out an ofsted form.
One question.
"Do I think the school is welled?"
well, hmmmm difficult one that. Welled? As in water wells?
I ticked the middle box...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You dont know what welled means?????? You are clearly quite unfit to be a parent!