Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Ripper

I'm a bit of a rip artist. If get mad or upset, I've been known to rip stuff up... Cards, letters, business cards :)
I just ripped up a Christmas Card in Temper.
Ok so I'm divorced. My Brother in law (ex) and his wife met because of my family. She was my sisters best mate.
We always got on really well... Of course until I got ill. Then they like so many others deserted me and the girls.
But last year they came round on Danz birthday and it was good, and I gave their kids gifts and we said keep in touch.
They didn't.
I went round on one birthday and took gifts... This Christmas I bought a special card. Auntie and Uncle at Christmas. The kids signed it and me and we sent it 1st class.
There was no card back.
But today, the kids came back from their dads with a card from them. A very small one from a BHS pack.
It's not the size that upset me. It wasn't the actual card. It was the fact that we got it AFTER Christmas.
I guess I should accept that we are no longer a part of that family. When they held their daughters 5th birthday last year with all the family, including my ex husband and grandparents and didn't invite Abby and Danz, I should have got the message then.
Fucking Christmas... Time of goodwill. Right.
Don't judge me. It's just I've been through a lot and sometimes it all gets on top of me.
The girls took some pictures with their new cameras at Christmas. I downloaded them just now.
They'd taken pictures of me.
I am hideous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No you aint

Anonymous said...

To be honest tho trin, it can be a bit awkward for families on both sides when a couple have split up, especially when there is ill feeling.

We had a similar problem in our family with my brother, should we invite him and new wife and risk upsetting ex and her kids?, tell him he can come but can't bring the new wife, or exclude him altogether?

Jude said...

You're lovely everyone who is cool (like me) knows that.

Anonymous said...

Aye to all the above.