Saturday, December 24, 2005

Getting Dark Now!

The kids have gone to see Narnia again with my Mother. It's a bit of a single parent tradition we made up these past few years that I take them to the cinema on Christmas Eve. We saw Lord of the Rings and HP on previous years.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usBut this year, I let them go alone. I'm none too grand today. Not going to go into details but it only happens to women ok?
Never mind. I feel a bit better now I've thrown up......
Christmas Eve is my Favourite Day of the whole year.
I was thinking about what Donna said a while back about remembering her Gran on Christmas and I bought some lovely flowers this morning in my Nan's memory. But I couldn't stop crying thinking about it. I'm going to give them to my mum to put in her house.... My Nan's house, Just something to say I remember you Nanny and I still love you and think of you every single day... Especially Christmas time. My first Christmas without any grandparents. Getting older. No wiser though.

Anyways, no dipping into self pitying misery.
It's Christmas Eve and Santa comes this night. So what television gems are on for me to watch whilst I wait for the great man to show?
Hmmm. Well we've had a selection of family films... The dreadful Small Soldiers and HP is on now, which is always watchable. But later we Have Casualty@Holby which basically means a huge disaster with people dying and suffering. Legs severed and members of staff snuffing it. What deep joy to end a dreadful year of REAL disasters and terror bombings. Or we could always watch Stars in Their Eyes Christmas Special. Celebrity Duets. This includes Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee and the vile Vanessa Feltz doing some Renee and Renato, Sonny and Cher extravaganza. I think I'd rather rip my nails out whilst performing Riverdance than watch such dross.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Colin and Justin won S.I.T.E ARGH. Happy Christmas Ms Trin.