Saturday, December 17, 2005

I can see


I picked up my new glasses today from the dreadful SpecSavers and finally realised just why I havent been able to read books for a while now. I thought it was due to my inability to concentrate but I think it might have something to the fact I couldn't bloody see anything!.Hmph, still feel old wearing Varifocals and the glass is quite thick.... I hope I don't look like Olive from 'On the Buses'
Town was packed with people shopping. I had to buy a new pair of Hair Straighteners because some child of mine left them on the floor and I stood on them and cracked the base. I wasn't best pleased. I got another card today so now I have four. Getting popular or what :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you look utterly ancient and hideous in your goldfish bowl glasses, perhaps you could wear a paper bag on your head before sunset to reduce heart atacks among the population of Bristol?

Pair of hair straighteners? You mean you only have two hairs?

Donna said...

Thank you for the card. It's special!! I haven't actually gotten round to sending any yet, even though we have around 2000 from a not-thoroughly-thought-through business venture we started a couple of years ago. Oh well, there's always next year ...